We stand out for our technical expertise and understanding of the industry, built over many years.
For more than 10 years we have been involved in the drafting and development of many of the UK’s most widely used industry contracts.
We represent a broad client base ranging from traditional boat builders, through production manufacturers to custom race boat builders, together with, distributors, naval architects, specialist contractors, equipment manufacturers and trade federations. We also have experience of working for Governing Bodies, and assisting professional sailing teams.
We consider carefully the requirements of each client and at all times try to ensure that these needs are met in the most appropriate, timely and cost effective manner.
We have particular expertise and experience in the following areas in the marine industry:
- Yacht construction and refit contracts
- Yacht sale and purchase contracts
- Marine insurance law
- Distribution and Agency agreements
- Drafting Terms & Conditions
- Mortgage and finance agreements
- Arbitration of commercial disputes
- Mediation procedures
- High Court / Commercial Court and Admiralty Court Litigation
- Governance and policy development for membership organisations
We are specialists in handling and resolving the contractual and legal issues that the yacht and marine industries face every day.