Every business and organisation relies on its contracts to manage and protect its exposure to risk. Dorade Law specialises in advising, negotiating and drafting such contracts.
We act for a broad client base ranging from superyacht yards and yacht managers through production manufacturers to custom race boat builders.
We stand out for our technical expertise and understanding of the industry, built over time.
For many years we have been involved in the drafting and development of standard form contracts for yacht construction and refit as well as general shipyard and engineering works.
We act for a broad client base ranging from superyacht yards and yacht managers through production manufacturers to custom race boat builders, together with distributors, naval architects, specialist contractors, equipment manufacturers and trade federations. We also have experience in assisting professional sailing teams.
We have particular expertise and experience with contracts for
- Yacht construction and refit;
- Specialist issues; yacht management, yacht design and engineering, interior outfitting, paint application, masts and spars, warranties;
- Yacht sale/ purchase and charter;
- Aircraft sale and purchase;
- Aircraft management and charter;
- Insurance wordings; Builders Risk, shiprepairers liability, hull and machinery and P&I;
- Distribution, agency and licensing agreements;
- Ship mortgage and finance arrangements, including guarantees and bonds.